Back in May 2015 the State College Homebrew Club (SCHC) were invited to pour at the ‘Brews in the Barn’ event which is a fund raiser for Millbrook Playhouse located in Mill Hall, Pennsylvania. This event comprised of a mixture of homebrew clubs and commercial breweries pouring their beers together with food and live music all in aid of raising money for the non-profit organization.
This event was repeated on Saturday October 17, 2015, and our homebrew club were warmly invited back but this time there was also a chili cook-off competition. The money raised helps with the upkeep and maintenance of the 100+ year old barn in which the playhouse is located.
For this event we brewed and poured a total of 9 beers:
- American Brown Ale – 6.2%, 27 IBUs.
- Belgian Stout – 6.0%, 36 IBUs.
- Bourbon-Barrel Stout – 6.1%, 36 IBUs.
- Dark Mild – 4.4%, 15 IBUs.
- Oatmeal Stout – 6.1%, 36 IBUs.
- (m)Oktoberfest – 5.5%, 20 IBUs.
- Robust Porter – 6.3%.
- Saison – 6.8%, 20 IBUs.
- Spiced Beer – 6.3%, 20 IBUs.
All our beers were warmly received and we look forward to pouring at the May 2016 event.