Following the success of Zeno’s Kitchen Sink Fest on September 28 we were hoping for a repeat in early 2014, but to our surprise the event was repeated in a mere 6 weeks on Saturday November 9! The event ran from 1-8pm so given it was college football day as well we opted to head down at half time due to a noon kick-off. After-all arriving at 2pm still gave us 6 hours to enjoy 25 pours…
Upon entering the below street level craft beer bar known as Zeno’s Pub we were impressed to find the place packed out – word had obviously got out this time! The set up was the same as last time with three service stations:
- Main Room – choose up to 10 pours from 34 bottles.
- Pool Table – choose up to 10 pours from 34 bottles.
- Bar – choose up to 5 pours from 31 drafts.
Once again water and french fries were available as needed along with $4 BBQ sandwiches and the regular food menu was also available. Below are what were my choices with a few more than 25 sampled due to the odd bit of sharing (* designates my personal favorites from those beers sampled):
- Anchor Liberty – american pale ale 5.9%
- Ayinger Celebrator – doppelbock 6.7% *
- De Dolle Oerbier – belgian dark strong 9.5% *
- Dogfish Head My Antonia – american pilsner 7.5%
- Dogfish Head Positive Contact – witbier 9%
- Gouden Carolus Cuvee Van De Keiser Blauw – belgian dark strong 11%
- Kostritzer Schwarzbier – black bier 4.8%
- Lindemans Faro – belgian lambic 4.5%
- Lost Abbey Carnevale – saison 6.5%
- Malheur 10 – belgian pale ale 10%
- Maredsous Blonde – belgian blond 6%
- Oud Beersel Lambic Framboise – fruit lambic 5%
- Rogue Black Obi Soba Ale – black lager 5.2% *
- Sam Adams Verloren – gose with coriander & salt 6%
- Sam Smith Nut Brown Ale – northern english brown 5%
- Sierra Nevada Stout – american stout 6%
- Sly Fox Pikeland Pils – german pils 4.9%
- Spaten Optimator – doppelbock 7.5%
- St. Bernardus Pater 6 – belgian dubbel 6.7%
- St. Bernardus Prior 8 – belgian debbel 8%
- Stone Vertical Epic 2012 (12.12.12) – belgian dark strong 9%
- Trappist Rochefort 6 – belgian dubbel 7.5% *
- Ommegang Hennepin – farmhouse saison 7.7%
- Oskar Blue Ten FIDY – imperial stout 10.5% *
- Spaten Oktoberfest – oktoberfest 5.9%
- Stone Double Bastard Ale – american pale ale 11.2%
- Zeno’s Hoppy Rye – american rye beer 6.5%
I am sure Zeno’s management will have deemed this event as successful as last time, if not more so and the consensus of the craft beer enthusiasts on our table was that we are all looking forward to the next event which will hopefully be early 2014. One comment that was raised was that the flyer online was difficult to find from the home page but a Google search found it.
If you attended this event, please drop us a line or leave a comment below to let us know what you thought about this event?